Applications Development Scientist
Our Client is a global company engaged in the design, manufacture, marketing, sale and support of advanced analytical instrumentation, applied across a diverse range of industries for the characterization of a wide variety of materials.
They now have an opportunity for an Applications Scientist to join a dynamic team of engineers and scientists developing scientific instrumentation utilizing a unique and exciting technology.
• Identification of candidate applications in the Life Sciences and Nanoparticle fields for which this technology addresses a specific customer challenge;
• Providing input into the product development activity in terms of end user requirements;
• Evaluating new product prototypes against customer and application requirements;
• Performing analysis on samples and generating suitable technical reports;
• Developing analytical methods and best practices around sample measurement;
• Supporting root cause analysis on development systems;
• Providing input into the product’s accompanying software;
• Acting as a technology champion working with customers and participating in conferences.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline, preferably with a chemical or biochemical bias
• Have significant experience in working with analytical instrumentation in a laboratory setting
• Have demonstrable experience in biophysical characterization
• Have strong communication, report writing and presentation skills.
• Have a structured and logical approach.
• Be computer literate with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Possess sound analytical and problem solving skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.. Candidates must be willing to travel (seminars, conferences etc.) a few times a year.
Location: West Midlands.
Salary: Dependant skills and experience.
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com