Quality Manager, Forensics, part-time
Our Client is a busy forensics analysis laboratory operating to ISO 17025.
They are seeking a Quality Manager to work 3 days per week, who will ensure compliance with ISO 17025 and other quality standards such as National Occupational Standards, ILAC G19.
The role will also require:
• To liaise with UKAS, the Forensic Regulation Unit and other relevant professional bodies.
• To maintain accreditation and to plan and effect extensions to scope, including planning validation requirements.
• To keep abreast of Proficiency Testing (PT) schemes available within the disciplines in which the company operates.
• To prepare for and to facilitate external audits. To send information to auditing bodies in advance of audits as requested, to record communications, to manage staff requirements for witness audits.
• To plan and organise internal audits according to ISO 17025, and to produce and maintain an annual audit schedule.
• To ensure that internal audits are carried out in a timely fashion by trained and qualified personnel who are, wherever resources permit, independent of the activity to be audited.
• To ensure that a system is in place which allows all staff to access all relevant quality manuals, procedures and other quality related documentation.
• To establish and maintain procedures for the identification, collection, indexing, access, filing, storage, maintenance and disposal of quality and technical records.
• To ensure that records are maintained relating to internal and external audits, including Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) and actions arising from them.
Applicants should have a technical/scientific background, ideally an experienced forensic practitioner with a minimum of a degree in Chemistry, Forensic Science or related discipline. You will have been trained in quality management and audit techniques, and have experience of quality systems and auditing. Knowledge of UKAS requirements and ISO 17025 is a prerequisite. Applicants shall be computer literate with, as a minimum, a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, and preferably quality control software.
Role: Permanent, Part-time, 3 days per week
Location: South West England
Salary: Circa £36,000 pro rata (£21,500pa based on 3 days per week)
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com