Principal Investigator – Stem Cell Science
Job Ref: 19488
A deeply scientific and developmental role, reporting to and working with the Head of Research to stay abreast of new science in the field of stem cell research and to explore its application and relevance to our client’s existing programs or to create new programs. Accountable for both managing and supporting research using in-house and collaborator resources to efficiently evaluate, determine and demonstrate how the identified science could create business value for the company.
- Working with the programme Manager/ Head of Research to understand the scientific work required for a given project.
- Managing and working through the team, design the research work, support lab work and drive out and interpret results.
- Managing and working through the team to explore and manage continuous improvements in assay capability.
- Explore opportunities for taking existing company cells and technologies portfolio in new directions. Look for collaborations and business opportunities and make the case for valuable collaborations.
- Keep abreast of new, emerging science that may be of relevance to the company as potential for new programs or for improvements on existing programs, and involvement in steering committees for better understanding of mode of action etc.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and a wide interaction with the scientific community around stem cell research continuously looking for opportunities and relevance to the company.
- Look for opportunities for appropriate grant funding for work and collaborations and manage the process for securing the grant.
- Contribute to the profile of the company as a leader in the field by gaining publications in peer review journals.
- Manage the performance of direct reports.
- Ensure appropriate training & development is provided to the employee
- Conduct Performance & Development reviews
- Manage the laboratory to ensure a safe and functional working environment.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or Pharmacology
- A thorough understanding of Stem Cell Biology and can demonstrate substantial experience in a range of molecular biological techniques such as the use of viral vectors, QPCR, cloning, cell line generation, next-generation sequencing, and protein purification and characterization.
Location: South Wales
Salary: Attractive, negotiable salary
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com