Analytical Chemist, Gas Chromatography, Temporary
Our East Anglia based client is a leading manufacturer of fragrances, food flavourings and raw materials. They are actively looking to recruit for an Analytical Chemist with experience with GC on a temporary basis.
Duties for this role will include:
• Evaluating all samples that are relevant to the smooth operation of the Plant, from Raw Material to goods leaving the gate.
• Provide laboratory support with focus on reagents, consumables and instrumentation.
• Analysing raw materials and finished product samples.
• Doing daily Effluent, regulatory and environmental monitor analysis.
• Monitor performance of existing analytical methods and improve / optimise as necessary.
• Develop and validate new analytical methods as required in support of production and process control
• Weekly Calibration of all site instruments, review and act on results.
• Making-up analytical stock solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills/attributes:
• A relevant Chemistry related degree
• Experienced of Gas Chromatography and in other Analytical Techniques and Instruments including UV/Vis, FTIR and HPLC
• Experience within a chemical manufacturing environment
Role: Temporary 3-6 Months
Location: East Anglia
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 pro rata, £12-13 per hour
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com