Materials Testing Technician
My South West based client seeks an experienced materials testing technician to work in their UKAS accredited environmental testing lab.
Duties for this role will include:
• Using wet chemistry methods to identify chemical species
• Preparing samples for instrumental analysis
• Using various analytical techniques such as GC, HPLC, and UV Spectrophotometry
• Salt spray and toxic gas testing
• Liaising with clients to ensure testing is conducted in a timely manner
• Working unsocial hours when required, and occasional site visits to clients
The successful candidate will have:
• Ideally a Bachelors degree or HND in a science subject
• Understanding of the chemistry of environmental testing
• Experience of working in a testing environment or relevant testing experience
• Experience of quality based systems
• Experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory
• Competency to work safely in a laboratory without the need for supervision including demonstrable awareness of good practice of laboratory health and safety.
You should be able to provide a favourable and professional impression to clients by demonstrating good communication and interpersonal skills. It would be desirable that you have experience representing your department at UKAS ISO 17025 audits.
Location: South West
Salary: £18,000 to £27,000 Depending on experience
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com