Operations Manager, Laboratory Testing
Our Client is a market leading, independent provider of professional sampling and testing services to the global coal and coke industries. They also provide a full range of chemical and physical tests appropriate to the characterisation of Biomass, Refuse Derived Fuels (RDF) and Municipal Solid Waste (MSW). Boasting a high level of experience in the sampling, preparation and analysis of many different types of Biomass recyclable materials that are currently used for fuel.
Our client now has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join their team in southern Scotland, the key responsibilities include:
- Management of operations with regards to the health and safety, financial and quality performance of the business.
- Increasing the operational capacity and efficiency of the administration, inspection and testing departments, while maintaining a high standard and professional customer relations ensuring that client’s requirements are met.
- Ensure accreditations are maintained and that any customer complaints are addressed in accordance with the Company quality system.
- Provide Leadership, guidance and training, as appropriate, to Company staff within various departments, including developing and training staff to ensure cover, continuity and consistency of service.
- Promoting the services of the Company to new and existing clients in the International Coal and Biofuels Trade.
- Act as a focal point in the co-ordination and support of overseas business requests and related operational issues where applicable.
The Ideal candidate would be expected to demonstrate the following:
- University degree preferable but strong academic background essential
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within a commercial Inspection and testing company. Experience within a UKAS ISO17025 and ISO17020 environment preferable.
- Practical experience of commercial sampling and laboratory testing.
- Confident and assertive interpersonal management skills and attributes with effective and motivational leadership.
- Effective operational profit and loss management and commercial acumen where applicable.
- Prepared to travel both nationally and internationally.
Location: Southern Scotland
Salary: Very Attractive + Benefits
More Science Jobs at www.sci-search.com