IT Systems and Solutions Specialist
My South Central based client seeks an experienced in house specialist to consult with clients on system, software and hardware troubleshooting, and provide applications support for my client’s lab instruments portfolio. The position will be office based in the UK headquarters.
• Consult with clients on system, software, and hardware troublehooting. Recording notifications on SAP and escalating service orders where on-site support from field IT is required.
• Manage client & other vendors communication regarding connectivity.
• Install, configure, upgrade and maintain hardware and software remotely
• Liaise with LIMS providers and work with vendor and customer IT personnel to establish interface and network connections between the client’s systems and LIMS systems
• Provide customer training to enable client self-sufficiency and participate in training for company personnel as required.
• Provide high level technical support related to the proprietary system.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
• Educated to degree level in Computer Sciences.
• Expertise on Laboratory/Hospital Workflow (sample / information), information management software, LIS/HIS connection, network, IT security.
• Knowledge of networks, RS232 interfaces, connectivity systems, hardware & software (server, operating systems, Windows 2008 server, VMWare or other virtualization SW), database management (SQL, Setting), knowledge in interfacing via Serial (RS-232) and communication (FTP, …), healthcare messaging protocols (BCI, ASTM and HL7).
• Experience and knowledge of laboratory workflow would be an asset.
• Customer oriented. Good communication and presentation skills.
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work on their own or as part of a team. Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Ability to travel to client sites as required with significant potential for travel to provide support to my client’s subsidiaries in Benelux and Nordics on request.
Location: South Central
Salary: Circa £30,000 P.A.