Senior Food Scientist
Job Ref: 19506
My client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that they do and is supported by their industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge.
The Baking and Cereal Processing Department (BCP) gives technical support to the world-wide baking and cereal product industries.
The job holder will work on projects involving instrumental measurement techniques for rheology and texture.
Specific duties and responsibilities are to:
• Manage and undertake work on behalf of clients
• Write reports for contract and research projects
• Provide advice to clients
• Identify new business opportunities
• Contribute to idea generation for bakery science and research
• Generate proposals for client work
Qualifications and competencies
• Graduate or equivalent, with some post graduate experience. A degree in food science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
• Proven competence of working in a food research, preferably bakery related, environment.
• Experience in using instrumental techniques for rheology and texture measurement.
• Experience in data analysis from the above methods.
It is essential that you will be a good communicator discussions with staff and clients. You will be expected to visit clients and lead discussions in new business and reporting of project findings.
Salary: £22-28,000 PA Depending on experience.