Job Ref: 19513
Our client is an expanding scientific and engineering consultancy. They now seek a Data Scientist for a new role to work with their analytics offerings, working with our current statisticians, developers, and analysts. Providing analytics solutions and technical assistance to our clients Asset Management and Catchment Management teams, and their gas and water sector clients. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the best tools and techniques are deployed by you and your team, whether this be using Python, R, or any appropriate toolset for a given problem. Your skill set will be deployed to ensure your colleagues continue to develop their expertise in machine learning, data management and data visualisation.
This challenging and diverse role will include:
• Leading the development and delivery of analytics solutions for two key business areas
• Creating powerful visualisations to communicate your solutions and their findings;
• Support the business development and exploitation of our clients analytics offerings;
• Support the mentoring and professional development of colleagues.
The successful candidate will have:
• Honours or higher degree, 2:1 or above, in applied mathematics, statistics, or a relevant scientific discipline.
• Strong technical skills in data manipulation and extraction (strong SQL knowledge), data analysis and model prototyping (R or similar) and model productionalisation (Python or similar).
• Track record of deploying machine learning models and data products with demonstrable effect.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to explain complex data solutions at a range of technical levels to the understanding of different audiences.
Because of the nature of the data, experience in geospatial techniques and GIS is also desirable.
Location: South Central
Salary: Competitive – Dependent on Experience (plus a wide range of benefits)