Our client is a growing adhesives technology company who work with many major international manufacturers across the packaging, labelling and product assembly industries. They are now looking for an experienced Lab Tech to join their team.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate would be:
• Responsible for technical testing of substrates/products to ensure they are suitable for client specification.
• Organize and ensure quality samples are correctly logged and filed for track and traceability. Reporting of test results
• To manage and ensure compliance with ISO9001 standards
• Responsible for characterizing product
• Responsible for developing new products through R&D and innovation.
• Ensuring compliance with regulations, including writing or updating MSDS sheets.
The ideal candidate will ideally:
• Have a background in Chemistry or Physics (A-level or Degree level)
• Worked previously in a technical or lab based role with an understanding of chemistry and laboratory methodology.
• Computer literate in common software packages – MS office. Etc.
• Positive, friendly and cheerful disposition.
• Drivers licence.
This role is ideal for someone who can work independently while still operating as part of a greater team. Many responsibilities are incorporated into the role and so would better suit someone with experience in a lab based or technical background.
Support and training are available.
Location: North West
Salary: Part time (30 hours a week) with scope to progress to full time at circa. £26 000 (depending on experience). Benefits include - possible overtime, free lunches, and company pension scheme.
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com