Food Safety management systems advisor
My South West based client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. The practical application of technical excellence lies at the heart of all that we do and is supported by our industry-leading facilities, expertise and knowledge.
They are seeking an experienced Food Safety management systems advisor, and the role will have a wide remit; it will focus on a number of key areas of food safety and quality management systems.
It is expected that the job holder will become a focal point for food safety management systems activities. They will be expected to develop, manage and perform a range of audit and pre-audit activities, present training courses, provide guidance and consultancy in the area of food safety management systems under guidance from their line manager and other colleagues.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
• A degree in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
• A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors. Several years (3 to 5) experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
• Practical experience of at least one industrial food safety management standard would be an advantage.
• Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4 would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
• Practical experience and trained in auditing
• Training experience, at least Train the trainer level would be expected to fulfil the job requirements.
• Good verbal and broader communication skills to support business development, training and consultancy offerings.
• Effective project and time management skills assuring effective delivery and compliance with business practices.
• Full UK/EU driving licence.
• Generally IT literate - particularly a working knowledge of Powerpoint expected.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Location: South West