My South West based client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
The Microbiology Department performs examinations on a range of food products and food related samples for its clients on a seven day week basis, troubleshoot problems for clients, researches into the cooking process, determines and confirms shelf –life of products, runs training courses and conducts laboratory audits.
This role will suit an experienced microbiologist seeking to move up into the role of supervisor.
• To make media and reagents, wash up and decontaminate waste
• To manage daily the work of media and reagents preparation
• To manage daily the work of wash up and decontamination
• Ensuring all media is tested through the Microbiology Department Media QC programme
• Monitor stock levels of general prepared media
• Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and calibrated within the
• Minimum of 1 years practical microbiology experience, food industry strongly preferred
• Qualified to GNVQ/A-level/BTech/University degree in microbiology or a related science subject or equivalent.
• Good time management skills
• Attention to deail
• High level of computer literacy
• Any team leading/supervisory experience will be a distinct advantage
Salary: Up to £18,500 per annum
Location: South West