Senior GC Analyst
Our client, a leading environmental consultancy, is currently seeking to recruit an Analyst (Analytical Chemistry) – GC on a permanent basis.
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your analytical skills on some of the most challenging compounds in some of the most difficult matrices. Managing a small team, this challenging role will provide opportunities to enhance your team leader skills and also your analytical skills. Working on a wide range of compounds in various environmental sample matrices at ultra-trace levels. In addition, the opportunity to develop people management, training and mentoring skills.
Candidates will ideally have;
- BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject
- Experience working within an accredited analytical testing laboratory.
- Experience with GC and GC-MS based systems, including performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable experience of a range of sample preparation techniques, including -liquid:liquid extraction and solid phase extraction.
- Strong method development and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary: circa. £30-35k dependant on experience, range of additional benefits.
Location: South East
For further scientific career opportunities please review www.sci-search.com