Sales Co-ordinator – (Chemistry based)
Our client, a leading environmental consultancy, is currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager on a permanent basis. They specialise in trace organic analysis in areas such as marine geochemistry, crop pesticide residues, biological markers, wastewater priority hazardous substances and emerging contaminants
If you have a background in sales/administrative work and a solid knowledge of chemistry, then this could be the perfect role for you. Reporting to the Business Development Manager the key responsibilities would include:
- Respond to incoming enquiries from clients in a timely and efficient manner to ensure high levels of customer service and client satisfaction
- Create routine quotations and renewals using the in-house Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Undertake regular outbound telephone contact with existing clients to build relationships as well as to obtain new quoting opportunities and repeat business
- Support the Business Development Manager with tender returns and pre-qualification questionnaires
- Updating the in-house, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System with client contact details, quotation and sales data.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with clients, sales team, laboratory team members and internal RPS office contacts at all levels
- To achieve a set number of KPI’s and targets on a daily/weekly basis set by the Business Development Manager
Candidates will ideally have;
- A proven track record of working in an internal sales office, ideally in a scientific environment
- Good Chemistry background, with some knowledge of analytical techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural aptitude to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Have a strong understanding of all Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience and ability to work with minimal supervision
Salary: Dependant on experience, annual bonus and additional benefits.
Location: South East
For further scientific career opportunities please review www.sci-search.com