Senior Immunologist (Team Leader)
My Scottish client is a biopharmaceutical company focussed on developing therapeutics from the human gut microbiome. Live biotherapeutic products (LBPs) derived from the gut microbiome represent a new class of drugs that contain live organisms for the prevention, treatment or cure of disease.
Applications are invited for the role of Senior Immunologist (Team Leader) to join the research team. The successful candidate will provide scientific expertise and leadership to the proprietary drug discovery platform, investigating microbe characteristics and host responses of LPBs progressing to the clinic. This is mainly focussed on defining mechanism of action of selected LBPs in novel disease areas using appropriate preclinical models and readouts.
The role will require proven expertise in a range of immunological techniques, especially in investigating immune-mediated mechanisms in preclinical models of disease, and the proven ability to translate these skills into robust and reliable data. The post-holder will have the opportunity to engage in the wider research activities of the research team, write up results in the form of reports and publications, present research outcomes at meetings, and generate intellectual property.
The successful candidate will have:
• A PhD with relevant post-doctoral or industry experience (>3-4 years) in immunology or a related discipline
• Solid experience in a range of in vitro and in vivo immunology techniques and proven expertise in immunological assay development (primary cell culture, co-culture systems, multiparameter flow cytrometry, multiplex assays, confocal microscopy and signalling pathway analysis)
• Experience with investigating immune-mediated mechanisms in translational disease models
• Ideally a Home Office personal/project licence holder (or equivalent)
• Thorough understanding of the gut microbiome and host-microbe interactions
• Highly motivated and innovative with the ability to work independently and integrate into a multidisciplinary team of microbiologists and molecular biologists
• Good organisational and communication skills proven by previous line management and supervision experience
Salary: Circa £40,000 PA