Retail Food Technologist
Our West Yorkshire based client seeks a talented food technologist to work within their Consultancy team providing technical support to their retailer clients and manage their product due diligence.
The position will be responsible for the following:
· Managing product specifications and quality attributes with the retailer food suppliers.
· Coordination of the retailer sample logistic between the company sites.
· Managing the planning for sensory analysis / organoleptic testing
· Preparation of food samples for organoleptic testing.
· Performing organoleptic testing and related sensory analysis.
· Performing labelling checks against the latest regulations.
· Gathering testing data for release of retailer marketability report.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· A scientific background (degree level) preferably in Food Sciences / Nutrition Sciences.
· Good knowledge of Food & labelling regulations.
· Some Sensory analysis / organoleptic testing experience
· The ability to work on his/her own and manage projects to tight deadlines with a good understanding of FMCG requirements.
· Excellent communication skills are also required.
· Good understanding of the Food Industry and clients.
· Good computer literacy skills.
· High level of reporting and writing skills.
· Organisational skills.
· Very high attention to detail and a methodical approach.
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £21-23,000 PA
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com