My South West based client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
The Microbiology Department performs examinations on a range of food products and food related samples for its clients on a seven day week basis, troubleshoot problems for clients, researches into the cooking process, determines and confirms shelf –life of products, runs training courses and conducts laboratory audits.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Microbiological testing of samples
• Prepare and sterilise media
• Decontaminate laboratory wasted and discard to outside bins
• Sterilise and wash up used glassware and equipment
• Make deliveries to, and collect from laboratories
Qualifications and Competencies:
• 1 – 2 A ‘levels in a scientific subject (or equivalent)
• Work accurately within specified time frames
• Computer literate
• Enthusiastic, proactive, team player
Location: West Midlands
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com