Senior Food Scientist
My West Midlands based client provides scientific, technical, and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. They are seeking a Senior Food Scientist to work in their bakery and cereal processing department.
The role will report directly to the bakery science section manager. There is one direct report at present and it is expected that future growth will require staff to be recruited that report into the role. A requirement will be to interact with clients, both internal and external, generate project proposals, manage a variety of projects and deliver the outputs to clients. Presentations to clients will be important for project work, training courses and client meetings.
The role will require contact with a broad range of clients (including industry, government and academia), from practical through to senior managerial. The individual must be credible with peer groups outside of my client’s company as demonstrated by attendance and presentation at conferences and/or working parties.
The successful candidate will be:
• Graduate level or equivalent, with post graduate experience. A degree in food or bakery science is preferable, but food technology, engineering or biochemistry would be considered.
• Proven competence of working in a food or preferably bakery related environment.
• Experience in using instrumental techniques, ideally this would be equipment for bakery analysis, which includes texture analysis, volume, water activity, pH, C-Cell. Training will be provided where required.
• Experience in data analysis from the above texture methods and some familiarity with statistical analysis techniques required.
• Project management
• Team leader
• Creativity and innovation
• Statistical analysis
• Complex report writing for technical and lay audiences
Location: South West
Salary: £22-32,000 Depending on experience
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com