Senior Microbiology Technician
My West Midlands based client seeks a microbiology lab technician to assist with testing work involving sample preparation, along with specific techniques to detect and/or count pathogenic (food poisoning), food spoilage or other indicator organisms within food, environmental or other samples.
Weekend and Bank Holiday work will be required on a rota basis, normally one in four, either paid as overtime or taken as time off in lieu. Therefore own transport is essential.
• Microbiological testing of samples, including PCR and DNA based methods
• Demonstrate in audit situations
• Perform confirmations when appropriate
• Lims administration
Desired qualifications and competencies:
• A levels or equivalent in a scientific subject
• 2 or more years experience of microbiology lab work
• Sound knowledge of microbiological techniques relevant to food
• A confident manner and good communication skills, in order to effectively liaise with internal customers
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Up to £18,500
For more jobs like this please go to www.sci-search.com