Polymer Research Technologist
Our West Midlands based client provides polymer materials manufacturing and testing services to clients across a number of industry sectors. They are now actively looking to recruit for a Research Technologist on a fixed term contract. This is a key role in the area of polymer materials technology and product performance. You will lead major activities within high profile, EU funded collaborative research projects working collectively with Project Partners.
Duties for this role will include:
• Delivering new product development projects in polymer materials.
• Liaise with internal and external project partners to ensure the deliverables of the projects are being met.
• Responsible for the production of high quality and timely data and reports required for Research Projects
• Lead meetings and present results at project meetings.
• Undertake day-to-day activity of assigned projects. Plan and schedule work, develop priorities, generate results and develop technical solutions.
• Comply with all health and safety information, instruction and training as it relates to the individual, role and organisation.
• Assist with ensuring that the relevant quality accreditation is maintained through full procedural compliance.
• Liaise with the Quality Unit, as appropriate, to ensure efficient implementation of internal and external audits.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills/attributes:
• A degree in a polymer Chemistry/Engineering related subject area and/or relevant polymer industry or research experience.
• Experience with Polymers including plastic injection moulding.
• Proficient with Labview package
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Role: Fixed term contract finishing 31st December 2017
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Attractive, Dependant on experience
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com