Colour Cosmetics Chemist
My South West based client is seeking an experienced colour formulations chemist to work on new product development of own label and contract manufactured cosmetics.
The main focus of this role will be the research and development of safe new products to customer requirements, and to ensure all aspects of formulation and method of manufacture are accurately documented. This will include third party manufactured products.
They are looking for ideally someone with 3 or more years experience in colour cosmetics, along with a scientific degree or SCS Diploma. The successful candidate will be someone who is familiar with and interested in new developments within the cosmetics industry.
Major accountabilities for the role will include:
• Formulating new colour cosmetic products to meet customer requirements
• Developing and maintaining good strong and reliable relationships with customers and suppliers
• Ensuring that laboratory methods are reliable, reproducible and scalable
• Developing products to meet the needs of the customer, matching benchmark performance, claims, critical path and all relevant requirements.
• Ensuring accurate detailed records of product development are kept
• Managing stability, user trials, challenge tests, claim substantiation and all required external testing
• Working closely with operations team identifying and actioning methods of improving manufacturing efficiency and responsible for the pilots and first production batches.
• Be familiar and understand industry regulations and general legal/customer requirements
Location: South West
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
For more science jobs visit www.sci-search.com
Key words: Formulation, cosmetics, colour chemistry, NPD, product development, beauty products, toiletries,