Ref : 19557
Our East Midlands based client develops and manufactures chemicals used in a range of Homecare products. They are actively looking for a Encapsulation Technician, this is a challenging and hands-on position that utilises many aspects of chemistry for the development of a wide range of products in different applications.
Duties for this vacancy will include :-
• Routine preparation of microencapsulated fragrance samples using a variety of techniques including in-situ polymerisation, interfacial polymerisation and spray drying.
• Characterisation and performance testing of microcapsules samples.
• Application development support for new product areas within Home care and Personal care.
• Assisting in the development of new patentable encapsulation systems.
The ideal candidate:
• Recent graduate with a BSc degree in chemistry, polymer / materials / physical chemistry, chemical engineering or related subject.
• Experience with microencapsulation or controlled release technologies will be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
• Practical experience with polymer chemistry or the fragrance industry will also be an advantage.
• Ability to safely and precisely set up glass reactors and other lab apparatus.
• Ability to routinely handle chemicals and hazards associated with them.
• Strong attention to details, self-motivated with excellent IT skills.
Role : Permanent
Location : East Midlands
Salary : Up to £25,000 dependant on experience.