Business Development Manager
Our client is a growing adhesives technology company who work with many major international manufacturers across the packaging, labelling and product assembly industries. They are now looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team.
The main responsibilities of the successful candidate would be:
• Make direct sales calls on a daily basis.
• Make own appointments through a combination of qualified prospects and cold calling
• Handle multiple complex sales projects focusing on value and deliverables
• Follow up all leads in order to maximise sales opportunities.
• Evaluate and report sales and competition activity within the territory.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and employees at all levels.
• Cultivate new relationships and develop/enhance existing relationships to increase our brand awareness in the local market.
The ideal candidate will ideally:
• Have a background in Chemistry or Physics (A-level or Degree level)
• Worked previously in a technical sales role with an understanding of chemistry (polymer, adhesive, coatings)
• Tenacious self-starter
• Exemplary negotiation skills, commercially astute.
• Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels from shop floor to director level
• Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
• Telemarketing experience (outbound)
• Adaptable, positive, determined and competitive
Based in the North- west office, you will be responsible for new business development to prospects UK-wide.
Location: North West
Salary: Up to £45k dependant on experience, bonus based on % growth, car, laptop and phone.
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com