Junior Materials Technologist
Our South East based client provides specialist materials testing and consultancy services for the packaging industry. Due to ongoing and continued growth they are actively looking to recruit for a Junior Technologist to undertake test work to support the materials testing lab.
Duties for this role will include:
• To conduct testing work for the Materials Testing Section under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager
• To ensure the work is carried out efficiently and to the highest standard
• To provide reports of the test work to the highest standard, including appropriate observations
• To participate in group initiatives regarding visitors, demonstrating and training
• To assist other groups and functions with our client as requested by the Laboratory Manager
• To ensure safe working and a high standard of housekeeping and that all HS&E requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills/attributes:
• A relevant Scientific/Engineering Qualification (degree/A levels with experience gained in the packaging/logistics industry
• Demonstrable knowledge of physical testing methodologies for packaging materials (e.g. Drop/Impact, Vibration, Thermal, Compression).
• Computer literate with good communication skills.
• Good problem solving abilities and a strong team player.
Location: South East
Salary: Attractive, negotiable (depending on previous skills and experience)
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com