Project Manager / Study Manager – Pharma CRO
Our client is an industry leading Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing analytical services within the development and manufacture of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals. They are now looking to recruit Study Directors/Project managers on a permanent basis.
In these roles you will act as an intermediary for their clients and the analytical laboratories.
Typical responsibilities include but not limited to:
• To act as Project Manager/Study Director:- planning, defining and scheduling the analytical programme and for the overall technical conduct of the study, taking full responsibility for the overall compliance of the study and all associated data.
• To be responsible for proactively managing the customer interface is a key accountability, as is – driving, preparing and signing off study protocols and ensuring that customer contacts and project/study sponsors are kept fully informed and up to speed with progress / difficulties / additional costs etc.
• Contribute to and where appropriate lead cross functional teams to devise, develop and apply analytical technology to solve analytical problems arising in the customer contract businesses.
• Liaise with other groups within the laboratory, customer/sponsor businesses to provide a detailed chemical knowledge of both new and existing products.
• To ensure that all analytical work and support activities are performed in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ensure compliant recording of all experimental data.
• Produce and contribute to Technical Reports, and report analytical data, results and conclusions directly to the customer businesses, and ensuring that good lines of communication are maintained throughout the analytical process.
The ideal Candidates:
• Strong degree in Chemistry or closely related subject.
• Full understanding and enforcement of relevant quality standards and procedures (GLP, GMP, GCP).
• Previous experience/broad general knowledge of analytical chemistry.
• At least 3 - 5 years previous experience of Study/Project Management.
• Ability to devise, price and carry out a programme of work containing both long and short term goals, interpret results and suggest new areas of work in order to meet agreed targets.
• Good communication, leadership, supervisory and coaching skills.
• SHE knowledge and application of procedures and audits
• Ability to liaise and negotiate with clients.
Salary: Up to £35k dependant on experience.
Location: North West
For further scientific career opportunities please review www.sci-search.com