Research Scientist - Agrochemicals
Our southern based client develops and manufactures a range of seed treatment and crop protection products. They are actively looking for a Lead Research Scientist to ensure that development work is conducted as per best practice and manage existing registrations of products.
Duties for this position will include:
• Plan and undertake proof of concept work to GEP standards, including laboratory trials on new formulations, leading to new patents or patent extensions.
• Supervise and write up trial reports in a timely manner ensuring compliance with specific regulatory guidance documents.
• Manage and maintain the research programme database to ensure projects and individual studies are appropriately allocated, tracked and archived
• Manage third party relationships with service providers and industry representatives, as considered necessary to deliver proof of concept projects to the agreed scope
• Manage the regulatory portfolio, including provision of info to statutory authorities as and when required.
• Assist the Chief Technology Officer in mentoring and coaching research staff to ensure that the team is able to operate as effectively as possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related scientific subject (PhD/specialisation in Agriculture/ Entomology preferred).
• At least 5 years’ experience of working with conventional and biological pesticides for the control of pests and diseases of plants in the agricultural / horticulture sector. Preferably 3 years’ experience in project management (planning, execution, reporting), preferably to GEP / GLP standards.
• Confidence in networking, seeking out new opportunities and managing existing relationships with customers and external researchers.
• Intellectual and inventive input to new technological innovations.
• Ability to multi task in a small interdisciplinary commercially focused research team and to present complex technical information at conferences, board, etc. (good communication skills essential)
Role: Temporary (3-6 months) with good potential to become permanent.
Location: South Central
Salary: Up to £50,000 (depending upon experience)
More science jobs at ww.sci-search.com