Principal Immuno-oncologist – Therapeutics Discovery
Our client is at the forefront of research and development into leading-edge immuno-oncology (IO) therapeutics. Continued expansion means they now wish to appoint an experienced scientist to their experienced team.
They require a technical specialist who uses their expertise to enhance in house immune-oncology experimental capabilities by establishing and training scientists in IO techniques/models. You will lead target validation and disease positioning studies in immune-oncology alliances and experimental development of bespoke cell-based assays and disease-relevant in-vitro models to enable compound profiling and mechanism of action studies. You’ll provide strategic input into existing and future IO alliances, and interact with alliance partners/academic collaborators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead by example to establish, and train scientists in novel techniques and models to enhance IO experimental capabilities
• Provide technical support for IO team and be accountable for quality data delivery
• Oversee design and interpretation of target validation studies using tool compounds, gene knockdown and gene editing approaches in cancer cell lines, primary cells and immune-relevant co-culture systems
• Oversee development and interpretation of phenotypic analyses in cancer and immune cells
• Review and critically appraise oncology and immunology literature and unpublished research to identify novel targets, signalling pathways and/or biomarkers
• Provide strategic input into multitude of IO projects and alliances; may involve individual project leadership responsibility
Suitable candidates will have a PhD in biological sciences, molecular biology or equivalent with significant postdoctoral experience in immunology and/or oncology research. A demonstrable track record of translational research achievement is required. Experience with the following is required:
• Target validation approaches and techniques (siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR, overexpression, tool compounds)
• Cell culture techniques plus primary cell maintenance and handling
• Phenotypic assays (cell proliferation, apoptosis, colony forming assays)
• Immunology techniques
Ideally you will also have Research experience in pharma/biotech with experience in managing a scientific team and of project leadership.
Location: South East England
Salary: Negotiable + excellent benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com