Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Our client is an international molecular diagnostics group which uses the latest advances in DNA analysis technology to develop safer, faster and regulatory approved genetic screening tests.
They now require a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to play a key role in routine screening of blood samples.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Actively participate in technical and analytical work, including analysing and checking of patient results.
· Schedule and process clinical samples in timely fashion upon receipt.
· Be responsible for the generation of experimental data and the day to day running of the work flow.
· Actively supervise technicians to ensure efficient throughput of work.
· Ensure the quality of experimental data, results and methodology used.
· Ensure own work meets regulatory & quality requirements.
· Assist in achieving and maintaining ISO 15189 accreditation.
· Five years’ experience as an NHS Practitioner or in an equivalent clinical laboratory role.
· Degree or further degree (or equivalent) in a life science such as molecular biology, biochemistry or genetics.
· Proficiency in operating automated lab equipment (preferably including the use of robotic liquid handling systems )
· Hands on experience with molecular biology applications ideally using next-generation sequencing technologies.
· Meticulous scientific technique and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
· Enthusiasm, drive, thoroughness, diligence and a willingness to take personal responsibility to ensure that time lines are successful.
· Strong communication and organizational skills, a collaborative attitude and the ability to work well under pressure
· Experience of supervisory role.
· Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite
· Willingness to work flexible hours. As the facility expands they will be operating a shift system which will include occasional weekend work.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Location: North West England
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com