Technical Manager- Biocides
Our client develops a range of consumer goods. They are actively looking for a Technical Manager to assist in Biocidal Product Regulation, testing & measuring performance of products and processes in line with legal, QMS and customer requirements. The role will also involve compilation of Safety Data sheets (MSDS) using electronic software.
This position, located in the East Midlands, is a cross functional role supporting colleagues from Supply, Quality, Marketing and Sales.
Leading the company’s biocidal products portfolio, the role will ivolve:
· Developing strategy for product launch and submitting new registrations, back to back registration and amendment request in a timely manner.
· Preparing product labels in line with the latest Biocide Regulation, Fertiliser Regulation and Seeds Marketing Regulation and obtaining information to include on the product label.
· Working closely with the Group Marketing Department on artworks and artwork approval.
· Reviewing and assessing initial product samples from buyers and making recommendations for modifications to products if deemed necessary.
· Reviewing , issuing and analysing SDSs and REACH data (the preparation of documentation for the department line manager and possibly for regulatory authorities)
· Assist in monitoring, collecting, interpreting and sharing regulatory compliance issues and trends that will impact company products concerning REACH, CLP and Quality Management system
· Liaise with key suppliers in order to ensure up to date regulatory information is available to the business.
· Keep on top of the changing Legislations ensuring suppliers products are compliant concerning REACH, CLP and QMS
· To assist the line manager with QMS related matters, internal audit, managing non-conformance and SOPs
Applications are invited from candidates with:
· A degree within a relevant scientific subject (ideally focusing on agrochemicals and/or horticulture)
· Minimum 2 years working experience in FMCG or Horticulture sector
· Experience with authoring SDS using a SDS software (ideally Lycos Athena)
· Knowledge of consumer product safety including REAcH, Plant Protection and Fertliser Regulations (including ADR/IMDG)
· Qualified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
Location: East Midlands
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on skills and experience
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com