Business Development Manager – (Chemistry based)
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products consultancy, is currently expanding and looking to recruit a Business Development Manager on a permanent basis.
If you have a strong background in sales and a solid technical knowledge of chemistry, then this could be the perfect role for you. We are offering you the opportunity to progress to Business Development Manager, to drive sales via new and existing clients across the Micropollutants market sector.
• Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets by establishing and cultivating client relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Visit client offices and host customer visits to present company services
• Work with appropriate legal, financial and operational personnel as well as the customer to develop service agreements.
• Develop/ Maintain expert knowledge in all aspects of Micropollutants market sector to be able to engage customers at regulatory, technical and business levels.
• Prepare, issue and follow-up quotations to achieve forecasted volume sales.
• Identify new opportunities within the industry sector served and identify opportunities to cross sell across the analytical capabilities of the Client company.
• Report on business intelligence and provide competitor information to peers.
• Provide accurate forecast management and sales reporting.
• Identify, qualify, record and track new business opportunities in company provided CRM/ Pipelines systems.
• Build strong relationships with operations, marketing and support peers in the business.
• Generally promoting and maintaining the professional image of the Company and attend exhibitions as required.
Candidates will ideally have;
• Degree in Chemistry (or relevant scientific subject) or proven experience in working in the prescribed field.
• Experienced in sales already or looking for the opportunity to move into a sales role from a technical function.
• Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
• Strong written and oral communications skills; IT Literate.
• A full, clean UK driving license.
• Proactive in your approach to your work.
Salary: Dependant on experience, an incentive driven bonus scheme and a range of additional benefits.
Location: UK wide remit
For further scientific career opportunities please review www.sci-search.com