Our Client is an emerging biotechnology company focused on developing small molecule inhibitors of RNA-modifying enzymes for the treatment of cancer.
They are seeking a senior oncologist with significant experience in translational oncology to lead their target validation and disease positioning strategy and manage external pre-clinical oncology activities.
Working closely with the senior management team, you will be key in defining the Company’s therapeutic area strategy in oncology and shape their growing drug discovery portfolio. This role has a strong external-facing element, providing the main interface for interactions with external experts and contract research organisations.
In this role you will:
• Define and lead the Company’s translational oncology strategy, including the use of pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo models for the drug discovery programmes
• Using internal and external pre-clinical and clinical datasets, identify new opportunities for RNA modifying enzymes as targets for cancer drug discovery
• Work with the VP R&D to define biomarker strategy, clinical development path, therapeutic endpoints and patient stratification strategies for the drug discovery programmes
• Identify external partners (CROs and academic groups) to access reliable and robust in vitro and in vivo oncology models
• Lead, co-ordinate and manage external pre-clinical activities for all oncology focused research programmes
Qualifications and experience required:
• PhD / MD in cancer biology or a cancer-related discipline
• 3+ years’ post-doctoral experience; industry experience would be advantageous
• Significant experience in translational oncology spanning pre-clinical to clinical activities, including the use of cancer cell panels and state-of-the-art in vivo models for drug discovery and development
• Strong network of external cancer experts, including academic researchers, clinicians and pre-clinical contract research organisations
• An in-depth understanding of the current and future therapeutic landscape in oncology
• Experience in using genomic and other -omic datasets, including from pharmacological and CRISPR/siRNA-based genomic screens, to guide drug development, disease positioning and future patient stratification strategies
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate a track record of achievements and skills such as:
• High-quality refereed publications
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver research projects to time & budget
• Excellent inter personal skills and a track record of successful collaboration with immediate colleagues, external partners and across scientific discipline
• Good presentational skills, both oral and written
Salary: Very attractive, competitive salary and benefits package
Location: East Anglia
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com