Formulation Chemist, Cosmetics
Our Client is a growing formulation consultancy providing product development services for clients wishing to produce skincare, cosmetic and toiletry products.
They have a scientific mind-set; their technical knowledge and understanding is fundamental for developing high quality formulations that perform according to their client’s brief, can be successfully scaled up for manufacturing, stay stable over the course of the product’s lifetime, and excite and delight consumers. Working at the forefront of market trends, they create innovative and novel formulations as well as generic products.
Due to the expansion they are currently looking for an enthusiastic Formulation Chemist to join their Research & Development team. The role is interesting and varied, and includes:
• Helping to brainstorm and design new formulations, both pro-actively and in response to client briefs
• Making batches of trial formulations in the lab
• Researching and evaluating interesting technologies applicable to Personal Care products
• Developing a broad understanding of cosmetic product legislation and regulations
• Researching and assessing market trends
• Communicating complex technical information clearly and concisely
• Regular contact with clients, suppliers and other project collaborators
• Domestic and foreign travel to attend exhibitions and meetings
The successful candidate will have:
• A BSc degree or better in a closely related scientific discipline.
• The ability to learn and understand new technologies, and apply this knowledge to formulation and business development
• Commercial awareness and customer service-orientation
• A thorough, methodical, organised, accurate approach, being self-motivated and a clear and concise communicator, and a team player
The role provides great scope for creativity and personal development, and will be supported by extensive training, a fully equipped laboratory, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, and outside training, if required.
Location: Greater London
Salary: Up to £23,000 depending on skills and experience
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com