Business Development Manager – Clinical Sample Transport
Our client is a highly respected and major distributor of laboratory and diagnostic products, serving the UK and international laboratory sector, working in a dedicated fashion on behalf of blue-chip manufacturers. In this newly-created role, they wish to appoint an experienced business development professional who will maximise sales of their range of sample transport products within the NHS, university, clinical trials and contract research markets.
Objectives for the role will be to increase the sales of Sampling Handling Products at a profitable level in Home and Export Markets through direct customer contact and field visits with Territory Sale Representatives, work with the Field Force and the International Business Manager to negotiate and close sales, and achieve fast market penetration.
• Prepare and implement a tactical Business Plan to achieve the required sales growth.
• Develop sales and secure custom-kit business with customers which will include CROs and online diagnostics companies.
• Carry out Sample Transport Seminars to key and prospective customers
• Train, advise and help motivate the sales force and HQ staff (including technical support) to the level required to identify and satisfy customer needs successfully and grow sales.
• Provide suppliers with market feedback, whilst maintaining cordial relationships, and ensuring they are satisfied with performance.
The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level in a life science subject with knowledge of the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical Markets including Clinical Research Laboratories. You will have experience of selling to the NHS, Academia and the Pharmaceutical Industry. You will be a natural motivator of Field Based Sales staff and will follow up and close sales.
You will be self-motivated, flexible and objective driven, and have an entrepreneurial nature but be a team player in a small company environment. IT literacy with knowledge of Digital Marketing is essential.
Knowledge of Contact Management Systems e.g. Sales Logix would be an advantage as would be a current clean driving licence
Location: South East England
Salary: Negotiable + bonus + Benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com