Cosmetic Safety Assessor (Cosmetics / Toiletries)
Our West Yorkshire based client is a global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. They are looking for a Cosmetic Safety Assessor who will be responsible for planning and conducting Cosmetic Safety Assessments, Toxicological Reviews and associated services.
NOTE - this position can be based from home in the UK
Duties for this position will include:-
- Conducting safety assessments, to include Toxicological reviews, Product Safety Data Sheets Product Information Pack reviews, reviews of Cosmetic Labelling, writing Cosmetic Manuals for clients and providing training for clients as required in order to provide a service in line with customer needs.
- Understanding Cosmetic Safety regulations and other relevant legislation and ensuring standards are maintained
- carry out Toxicological Risk Assessments for products in order to provide an enhanced in-house service.
- Providing Technical Support to colleagues and clients as required
- Playing in active part in Business Development opportunities
- Understanding product assessment requirements and ensuring correct testing programmes are used
Applications are invited from candidates with a BSc / MSc in Cosmetic Sciences (or similar) together with previous suitable skills and abilities gained in the Cosmetic / Toiletries industry sector.
In addition he / she will ideally already be a registered Chartered Chemist (CChem), Chartered Biologist , Medic or Pharmacist. However training / support may be given to support this
This is a permanent opportunity, offering an attractive salary (depending on skills and abilities)
Location: Home based in UK
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits, depending upon experience
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com