Associate Scientist – Physical Chemistry
Our client specialises in ADME-Tox including both in vitro and in silico approaches and is part of a major international group. As their business continues to grow they are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to work as an Associate Scientist (Physical Chemistry)
You will be an integral member of the company’s Physical Chemistry team and the wider ADME group and report into a senior member of the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your Physical Chemistry and broader ADME skills within a dedicated and skilled international environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support routine commercial in vitro Physical Chemistry assays such as protein binding, solubility and LogD.
- Ensure work is performed to an exceptionally high standard, within specified time frames ensuring safety regulations and QC procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Assist in running and maintaining robotic systems to support high throughput processes.
- Assist in data analysis and data interpretation.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain compounds, stock solutions and buffers.
- Responsible for the validation and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
They are looking for a dynamic, flexible, highly self-motivated and personable individual:
- Who is able to communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Has an ability to organise daily tasks, to frequently work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring work is performed to a high standard and within company and statutory regulations.
- Has an ability to use initiative to solve problems and troubleshoot with the assistance of other members of the team.
- Should be computer literate with previous experience using Microsoft Office.
Experience and Skills:
- Previous experience of working within a laboratory environment and/or direct experience in DMPK assays would be preferred.
- Knowledge of HPLC, LC-MS or LC-MS/MS would be advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience of working with automated liquid handling systems.
The successful candidate will be educated to a minimum of a BSc or equivalent in a relevant area of life science.
Salary: Negotiable salary + Benefits
Location: Based in North West
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com