Job Ref. 19684
Our client is a large and well-established Food Research, Development and Analytical organisation. They are actively looking to recruit for a Bakery Scientist.
The job holder will work on long term research projects and short term instrumental measurement projects undertaken by the bakery and cereals department on behalf of clients, both internal and external. You will look at measurement techniques for dough and baked product quality.
• To manage, supervise, conduct and report project work associated with baking research
• To initiate, supervise execute and report contract work for external and internal clients within agreed costs and deadlines
• To contribute to training courses, demonstrations and presentations.
• Answer member company enquiries
• Contribute to research projects
• Execute and report contract work for external and internal clients.
• Manage work records and documentation for projects.
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills/experience:
• A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline (e.g. food science, food technology, biochemistry)
• Previous experience of working in a food research environment is desirable, particularly with bakery related products
• Experience in using instrumental techniques for bakery analysis (texture analysis, C-Cell, RVA, DSC, rheometry) is desirable
• Experience with designing and managing research trials would be a distinct advantage
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Up to £22,000 (depending on skills and experience)
For more science jobs please see www.sci-search.com
Key words: Food technology, food technologist, food research, food science, food scientist, bakery science, bakery technology, bakery research, baking technology, bakery analysis, texture, rheology, gluten, starch, dough, c-cell, development, formulation