Group Leader – Cell Line Development
We are recruiting for a leading synthetic biology company that creates innovative technologies for drug discovery and development. As part of their expansion programme they are seeking a Group Leader for Cell Line Development.
You will be involved in a range of internal platform development and commercial projects, focusing on establishing cell line development processes in mammalian cells for the production of both therapeutic proteins and viral vectors for gene therapy applications.
Our Client has a number of on-going programmes in this area, and multiple government supported grant awards, which you will contribute towards. The Group Leader is expected to provide technical leadership within this area and will act as a subject matter expert within the company.
The position will involve extensive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to show commitment to scientific development and innovation are considered essential.
· Management of the Cell Line Development laboratories and their day to day activities.
· Promote and suggest implementation of new methods, technologies and processes to ensure best practice
· Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line with planned project objectives
· Keep up-to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
· Set an example to other colleagues, and to train and mentor junior staff
· Provide project summaries and reporting, as required, along with taking overall responsibility for output from the group.
· Support and contribute to protection and assessment of intellectual property
· To ensure established quality standards are strictly adhered to, across all on-going activities
· A Ph.D or DPhil in a relevant discipline, along with several years’ industry experience applicable to the role.
· Extensive knowledge of subject area, and ideally a strong network within academic and industry groups together with a good understanding of regulatory requirements for the generation of cell lines for biomanufacturing.
· Advanced knowledge of genetic engineering tools and approaches
· An engineering mindset – good ability to utilize statistics to optimize processes and procedures
· Experience in implementing automation platforms
Salary: Attractive, negotiable + Benefits
For more science jobs go to www.sci-search.com