Upstream Process Development Scientist (Mammalian Cells)
Our Client is a leading synthetic biology company that creates innovative technologies for drug discovery and development. As part of their expansion programme they are seeking a Upstream Process Development Scientist.
The Process Development Scientist will be involved in a range of internal platform development and commercial projects, focusing on establishing process development capabilities for the production of both therapeutic proteins and viral vectors for gene therapy applications.
You will help to specify and implement bioreactor systems and to establish processes for clone screening and upstream process development purposes. The position will involve extensive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to show commitment to scientific development and innovation are considered essential.
Prior experience of using relevant systems, including AMBR15, AMBR250 and DASGIP is absolutely required, as is experience in developing and implementing associated process for mammalian cell lines.
· Lead, plan and conduct cell culture experiments using small scale, high throughput bioreactor systems, including use of statistical approaches for process design and specification (DOE, QbD)
· To support technology transfer activities for commercial manufacturing
· To work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line with planned project objectives
· To keep up to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
· Set an example to other colleagues, and to train and mentor junior staff
· Perform data analysis, author SOPs and write technical reports
· Support and contribute to protection and assessment of intellectual property
· Promote and suggest implementation of new methods, technologies and processes to ensure best practice
· A Ph.D or DPhil in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Cell Biology or Biochemistry, along with several years’ industry experience applicable to the role.
· Experience in implementing upstream processes for mammalian cell lines, ideally both for protein and viral vector production
· Prior use of small scale bioreactor systems in an industry setting
· An engineering mindset – good ability to utilise statistical approaches (in particular Design of Experiments) to optimize processes and procedures
Salary: Attractive, negotiable + benefits
Location: South East England
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com