Product Support Scientist – ELISA Diagnostics
Located in East Anglia, our client is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of high quality ELISA based diagnostic kits. They specialise in the research, development and production of kits to aid the diagnosis of Autoimmune and Infectious diseases, and for the detection of immune reactions to food.
Their Mission: To improve human health and well-being through innovative diagnostic tests and global partnerships.
About the Department:
The Technical Services department is responsible for:
• Product Support – sales team, distributor, practioner and customers.
• Product Development – R&D, new products and product improvements.
• Quality and Sustaining Engineering – regulatory requirements, manufacturing support, product upkeep, cost saving.
• Provide help and technical advice to customers.
• Investigate customer complaints within the defined time scale.
• Communicate effectively with customers by e-mail, other written media, telephone, and in person.
• Maintain records of customer communication.
• Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams for complaint resolution strategy, improving customer experience and providing technical data for tenders/customer requirements.
• Run tests and report results in support of department participation in external quality assurance schemes.
• Drive quality investigations across different departments and document the process and outcomes.
• Assist manufacturing in product maintenance activities, problem solving and process improvement exercises.
• Create, maintain and update customer facing technical marketing material.
• Assist in the development of ELISA technology products in line with business and market requirements.
• Write and execute, accurate and comprehensive validation plans for project work.
• Create technical reports from practical experimental work.
• Author, approve and follow company and department procedures.
• Maintain product technical documentation including instructions for use, manuals, quality control procedures, technical and regulatory documents.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Good time management and be able to prioritise effectively.
• Maintain concentration and focus when working on multiple projects.
• Knowledge of laboratory health and safety.
• Experience of using and developing ELISA technology.
• Have previous experience of communicating externally in a professional and courteous manner.
• Embrace and uphold the values and ethos of the company.
• IVD knowledge would be desirable.
• VBA knowledge would be an advantage (not essential)
Qualifications: Degree BSc (Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related) or industry experience in related field.
Role: Full time, permanent
Salary: Up to £27,000 depending on skills and experience
Location: East Anglia
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com