Laboratory Services Supervisor, Food Allergy Diagnostics
Our client is focused on the detection of immune reactions to food. They have a service laboratory specialising in ELISA assays for food intolerance and gastrointestinal health. Laboratory services are supplied to clients via healthcare professionals and international partners
The role of the Laboratory Services Supervisor is to provide supervision of all aspects of the laboratory operations, sample processing and analysis
• Specimen logging, registration and preparation. Sort and identify specimens received, Register patient details and tests required on the LIMS system, Prepare samples where appropriate for analysis.
• Perform tests unsupervised and keep records of test results. Enter test results on LIMS system.
• Use and operate equipment such as centrifuges, automated equipment, pipettes and computer terminals.
• Preparation and updating of all SOP’s related to the laboratory and assist in new test development activities.
• Prepare solutions and reagents, clean and sterilise laboratory equipment, shelves, bench tops and sinks.
• Dispose of contaminated material including sharps, Maintain bench stocks of consumables and reagents.
• Support and supervise the laboratory on a day to day basis. Supervise laboratory staff and ensure any problems reported. Maintain the throughput of the workload to stated turnaround times.
• Staff Training, Develop an understanding of the scientific and analytical background of the laboratory work.
• Quality Assurance: Observe departmental Quality Control procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Risk Management/Health & Safety. Maintain laboratory equipment in a safe clean working condition. Maintain a clean tidy working environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
Degree BSc (Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or related) with a minimum of 2 year’s related work experience using ELISA technology, and experience in a supervisory role. You will be an effective team member and leader, able to work and make decisions alone.
Location: East Anglia
Salary Circa £25,000 depending on skills and experience
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com