Inorganic Analyst – Metals
Our world leading North West client in analytical services to the metals and minerals industry now has an opening for an Inorganic Chemist, specialising in classical inorganic ‘wet’ chemistry (titrations, ICP-OES and AAS)
The ideal candidate would be expected to demonstrate: -
• A relevant scientific qualification (HNC, BSC or MSC in Chemistry or related subject)
• Demonstrate a good practical understanding, knowledge and experience of classical in-organic titrimetric procedures; complexometric titration with edta (Pb, Zn, Ca), iodometric titration with sodium thiosulphate (Cu), iodimetric redox titration with potassium iodate/potassium iodide (Sn), redox titration procedures: Cr, Fe, Mn, Sb, Co & V.
• A good practical understanding in the elemental determination of metalliferous commodities by classical techniques such as acid digestion, alkaline fusion, gravimetry, flame atomic absorption spectroscopy (AAS), inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES), ISE, UV/Vis. Experience in the analysis of carbon and sulphur by combustion infra-red.
• Strong technical/troubleshooting skills.
• Good interpersonal skills including leading/training, assisting and supporting teams.
• Be familiar with the requirements of ISO 17025:2005 accreditation systems
Salary: Dependant on Skills and Experience
Location: North West
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com