Field Sales Specialist – Scientific Instrumentation
Our East Anglia based client is a leading international supplier and servicer of scientific instrumentation and consumables. They are actively looking to recruit 2 Field Sales Representatives; one for the NE England and Scotland and the other for Cambridge and East Anglia.
Duties for this role will include:
• Achieve sales and margin targets for the assigned territory.
• Selling and promoting the Company’s chromatography consumables, instrument and liquid handling product ranges.
• Build and maintain relationships with existing and new potential customers, maintaining company systems (CRM). Acting on enquiries generated through the Company’s various promotional and marketing activities
• Organise customer appointments with an expectation of spending 60-80% visiting customers. With a large customer base within the defined geographical territory, the post holder would be required to manage their time and prioritise their customer visits accordingly to deliver the growth expectations of the company.
• Provide technical product solutions to existing and new clients.
• Use the Company’s business tools to help drive territory sales and margin, including the customer database, business analysis and sales process tools.
• Acquire and maintain up to date product knowledge and competitive information on products/prices to fulfil customer needs, and where appropriate communicate and share information to Sales and Product Management teams.
• Attending promotional events and seminars on behalf of the company in the UK and overseas
The ideal candidate will possess the following key skills/attributes:
• Hold a Chemistry/Pharmaceutical/Bioscience or related science degree.
• A real interest and understanding of chromatography consumables along with knowledge of Pharma, CRO, Academia and Chemical markets. (ideally some lab based experience)
• Some sales experience, ideally selling of scientific consumables.
• Ability to work as part of a larger team while maintaining a high degree of autonomy.
Location: NE England and Scotland/ Cambridge and East Anglia
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience, benefits and attractive bonus scheme.
For further science jobs visit www.sci-search.com