Quality Assurance Technician
Our East Midlands based client is seeking a quality assurance technician to perform a range of functional and physical tests on electronics products including touchscreens input and display modules.
Working on a variety of new touch screen technologies and related products, the candidate will perform product and system design verification testing for functional compliance, performance, reliability, and usability.
On a variety of new touch systems products, you will be running product qualifications and experiments, set up and monitoring automated test equipment, and writing test reports and procedures.
You will be responsible for test routines, test schedules, equipment characterization, first level failure analysis, collecting and processing test data and reporting. You will be required to follow established test procedures.
You will be required to work independently and with Quality Assurance and development engineers / technicians.
The successful candidate will have:
• Familiarity with test equipment such as environmental chambers, microscopes, etc.
• Familiarity with typical PC software applications including Excel, Word, etc.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic understanding of digital logic circuits, interfaces, and analog electronics principles.
• Familiarity with test equipment such as scopes, logic and bus analyzers, PC based testers.
• Experience in the use and tear down of computers.
• Must be able to install, configure and perform hardware test routines on computer systems.
• Basic understanding of PC video systems.
• Understanding of quality standards such as GMP, GLP
Role: 6 month temporary
Salary: Circa £17,000 pro rata
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com