Senior Assay Development Scientist – ELISA Diagnostics
Our client is a leading manufacturer of IVD tests and systems. As part of an ongoing development project, they now wish to appoint a Senior Assay Development Scientist to join their team.
The main purpose of the role is to plan experiments and analyse data to develop the required processes and technologies for diagnostic assays.
- Planning, completion and review of laboratory work required for projects within the R&D team; this may include optimisation, verification, robustness, stability and validation.
- Ensuring that all work is performed according to a Quality Management Systems approach (ISO 9001) and Design Control principles (ISO 13485).
- Complete, analyse and write-up experiments accurately using approved formats.
- Drafting required documentation and procedures (standard operating procedures, protocols, reports)
- Develop protocols for claim verification experiments according to industry and regulatory guidelines and write reports of these experiments.
- Write protocols for validation of new equipment as required for development and manufacture of diagnostic assays.
- Develop protocols to demonstrate the robustness of processes in development.
- Presentation of data to colleagues and to management to achieve key stake holder satisfaction
- Organising and planning the day to day activities of the development team, ensuring effective team-building and personal progression of individual team members
- Sourcing of required raw materials for assay development
- Liaise with manufacturing / operations to transfer developed methods into manufacturing
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- Ensure Health and Safety Guidelines are adhered to at all times
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Life Science degree with at least 3 years’ experience of working in an in vitro diagnostics laboratory environment plus hands on experience with ELISA
- Effective presentation and communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent problem solving and experimental design skills, with strong data analysis and decision making skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and Word programs
- Experience of supervising and mentoring a team of scientists
You will have a Customer Focus taking responsibility for customer satisfaction, be Accountable, actively asking “what more can I do” and have Collaborative attitude, supporting colleagues and communicating clearly.
Based: Central Scotland
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
For more science jobs, go to www.sci-search.com