Production Engineer, Rubber Product Engineering
Our NW based client develop and manufacture a range of rubber based industrial products, they are actively looking for a Production Engineer.
In this role you will support of manufacturing operations (Extrusion, Rubber mixing, Textile Weaving, Vulcanization and product finishing) and the development of new and improved products (R&D). Many activities will require you to deliver solutions as part of a team, where team members will support you and visa versa. You will take a lead role in assigned projects. This position is both office based and hands on in the laboratory and on the shop floor.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Follow, analyze and resolve production issues; safety, quality, process, productivity, scrap FPY etc.
- Commission new equipment and production lines (with support).
- Develop AutoCAD skills to support the procurement of new tooling, and improved machine design. A good aptitude for engineering drawing is important, CAD skills can be progressed.
- Lead the management and interpretation of the hose data logging system (Data Manager Pro).
- Conduct laboratory testing, and produce test reports.
- Support tooling procurement and make tooling modifications and improvements as required.
- Become competent in the design of “Milan” tooling (die, back-holes, seal & mandrel).
- Initiate developments at the laboratory level and then scale up to production with validation.
- Contribute to cost reduction through process improvement and or material savings.
- Participate in and or lead root cause analysis, PFMEA, and focused improvement activities.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Excellent technical skills
- Good engineering drawing skills. AutoCAD is a plus, or will be required to learn.
- Strong problem solving skills and conceptual skills. Analytical data driven approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- Highly motivated with evidence of ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Strong cooperative decision making, and teamwork skills
- Good organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
Role : Permanent
Location : North West England
Salary : Negotiable subject to skills and experience
For further Science Jobs visit www.sci-search.com