Laboratory Technician, Quality Control
Our Client is a major UK manufacturer of urethane adhesives, coatings and binders. A rapidly growing company they have an exciting opportunity for a QC Lab Technician to join and strengthen their Technical Team.
The successful applicant will initially be responsible for Quality Control of incoming raw materials and of finished adhesive, coating and binder products.
You will require:
- A minimum 2:1 BSc in Polymer Chemistry, Material Science or closely related field
- A knowledge of GC, GPC and physical property testing of polymer based products.
- Self motivated with a strong drive to achieve tangible results within short time frames.
- After training, the ability to work on your own with regular project updates.
- Good communication skills and a high level of organization.
- Full clean driving licence
What our Client offers
- Full training in Polyurethane Chemistry.
- Responsibility for Quality Control.
- Responsibility for production of customer samples.
- Responsibility for a number of concurrent short term projects where the candidate will be expected to plan the work involved, to develop the products and carry out testing and be aware of the final application for the product.
- Development of products which are very strongly customer related with a fast project turnover.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and to be personally responsible for developing new products for our markets.
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate in Polymer Chemistry or Material Science as full training will be given.
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Circa £22,900 per annum
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com