Consumer Project Manager
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries. Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from three sites and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location.
The role itself is for a Consumer Project Manager to lead a team of Home Economists, Sensory Technicians and Administrators to deliver the highest level of service to clients. This role would use your extensive experience gained in the food or catering industry at a supervisory level. You will use your management skills to motivate, co-ordinate and develop your team to deliver the objectives at the highest standard. This is a growing role within this most respected organisation.
Key Responsibilities include
- Project manage the Benchmarking team and its activities from concept of project, coordination and evaluation of sampling sessions, through to data collection and communication of final results
- Support existing business from major clients, and actively seek to grow and develop an additional volume of business from new clients
- Prepare and approve client reports, detailing the evaluation of samples with specific attention to suggested improvements, comparison data and market positioning
- Responsible for the continuous training and development of the Home Economists, Sensory Technicians and Administrative team
- Assist in the organisation of seminars and conferences including the preparation and delivery of presentations at both internal and external events for food industry clients, including bespoke training courses on Product Benchmarking on and off site
- Responsible for the maintenance of the quality and traceability systems within the Benchmarking section
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a food related subject
- Extensive experience in the food or catering industry
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- A proficient and extensive knowledge on food, ingredients, processing and the market place
- Good managerial skills, able to motivate, co-ordinate and develop team to deliver objectives timely and efficiently
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels both internally and externally
This is a key role for the right candidate to work with one of the most prestige organisations within the sector.
Salary: 22,000+ plus benefits
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com