Food Development Technologist
Our Client is the leader in Food Technology training and Development and provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drink and allied industries.
Their services and expertise are in high demand throughout the industry and many of their clients are household names. The group operates from three sites and this opportunity would be based at their picturesque Worcestershire location.
The role itself is for a Food Development Technologist to execute contract product development projects from initial idea generation, through recipe development and pilot plant trials. You will be working as part of a large team within the department.
Your role will be to undertake longer term research projects which include food and beverage development and case studies. This role would use your extensive experience gained in the food processing and New Product Development arena.
Key Responsibilities include
- Planning and execution of technical delivery as guided by your line manager or others within the team, ability to plan and manage your own time to meet deadlines. This will be on a blend of research contract and training projects.
- Interpretation of results and preparation of client reports under supervision to agreed standards
- Design and provide support training courses and present (PowerPoint) on external/internal training courses.
- Responding to direct technical enquiries with support as appropriate using information retrieved from relevant sources. The frequency and complexity of which will build with time and experience.
- Through implementation of business development strategies, stimulate areas of research, contract and training in line with the focus area of the job.
- Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients to a level agreed with the line Manager.
- Degree qualified in Relevant Food technology subject
- Be able to demonstrate your technical and scientific knowledge and experience gained in the food industry across multiple food sectors including New product development and food processing
- Good verbal and communication skills to support business development and training offerings
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices.
- Full UK/EU driving licence
- Effective project management skills from recent experience.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work with one of the most prestige organisations within the sector.
Salary: 22,000+ plus benefits
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com