XRF Spectroscopist, Metals
Our Client is a leading worldwide commodity surveyor, analyst and consultant company who have recently expanded their site in NW England
They are looking for a Senior X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopist in their Metallurgy site with expertise related to the analysis of metals and minerals by wavelength & energy dispersive X-Ray techniques.
The post will require the candidate to have at least 5 years experience in this particular field of spectroscopy, preferably related to the metallurgical commodity sector.
The ideal candidate would be expected to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of wavelength & energy dispersive X-Ray practice and theory
- Experience with PANalytical Axios wavelength spectrometers would be an advantage
- A good understanding of fluxing and fused glass bead techniques
- A good understanding of calibration and internal standardization principles
- A good understanding of instrument performance monitoring and QC control
- Be capable of demonstrating a proven track record in X-Ray spectrometry
- Be able to act in a troubleshooting / mentoring capacity during overseas projects
- Be familiar with the requirements of ISO 17025:2005 accreditation systems
The successful candidate must command good interpersonal and supervisory skills, having the ability and vision to take a leading supporting technical role within an already established and accomplished workforce. The role to be UK based, but short term overseas travel in an X-RAY technical capacity will be a component of the role.
Location: North West England
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
More science jobs at www.sci-search.com