Food Ingredients Research Team Leader
Our client based in the West Midlands, is a global and independent provider of technical food research and analytical services. They are currently looking to recruit a Food Ingredients Research Team Leader.
The candidate will be required to oversee, plan, resource and execute a range of applied trials relating to food ingredients research. This will involve securing and management of work through internal facilities and personnel line management as well as coordinating workflow with external contractors and collaborators.
The ideal candidate must be happy operating as a consultant i.e. establishing what each client requires and then developing a compelling proposal that meets the client’s needs. The role requires a candidate that is comfortable proactively generating new business leads.
The work of the ingredients research team frequently involves collaboration with academic partners so the candidate must be ready to operate at the interface between academics and industry. A broad ranging knowledge of food ingredients is highly desirable. Specific knowledge of chocolate processing technology would be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with clients and colleagues to identify new project opportunities
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients and current and potential collaborators
- Preparing project proposals, identifying funding opportunities and securing funding
- Managing quality and pace of execution of projects
- Promoting the services of the department externally
- Identifying opportunities for business growth
- Developing own technical expertise appropriate to role
Qualifications and key skills
- Degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- Time management and financial awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project and resource management
- Technical knowledge of relevant food industries
- Broad knowledge of ingredients functionalities
- Expertise in chocolate technology desirable
- Comfortable in a client facing consultancy role
- Self-starter keen to make an impact and shape the role in consultation with the Head of Department.
Salary: Circa £35,000 depending on skills and experience
Location: West Midlands
More science jobs at www.sci-search .com